Monday, June 19, 2006

Rated G - No Way!

Okay, here is the situation. Yesterday, in one our 5th grade boy's Sunday school class, we always have "What's the latest" discussion time at the beginning of class. Well for most of the fourteen 5th grade boys in room 5B, the latest was the movie "CARS". Several of the boys were excited about the movie and some of the boys said they hated it. Well I did care for a couple of the boys attitude when they said that, so I went on an investigative search of why they didn't like the movie CARS. After several questions, what I found out was that the boys who said they hated it, DIDN'T EVEN SEE THE MOVIE! The only reason why they did not like it, was because the movie was rated G and G ratings to these boys are not cool. However, when asked by their fearless preteen minister (me) if they liked such and such movie, the sais they did and that it was awesome and one of their favorite movies, until I reveiled it to them that it was rated G as well. Hmm, sometimes I can be a stinker because I used that moment as a teaching moment on "be slow to speak and quick to listen."

It seems coolness and peer presure are getting younger and younger!

Joe

No comments: