Friday, September 22, 2006

THE ANATOMY OF KILLING A WASP

One day a friend called and asked if I would come over and kill a wasp that was flying all crazy in her house. Her husband was at work and she was afraid to be in her house, so my wife and I got in our car and drove to her house.

When we got there, I noticed that her nephew was there, I not sure how old he is, but what I noticed was that he was eager to come in the house with me and hunt down the wasp and kill it. Of course his aunt would not let him, but he wanted to any ways.

You know - many times preteens want to be and have the potential to be mature Christians that have the ability to slay the wasps in their life, but adults stop them and don't let them in the house to learn the killing skills they need to slay the things that are trying to take them down and away from God!

At the church I minister at, I know that we are dedicated to give our preteens the "killing skills" to follow God and become all that God created them to be.

Joe

No comments: